What is this?
This game stared with the idea of casting spells from ingredients in a match-3 style space.
I had a lot of fun doodling little pixel art spell casting components, most of which did not make it into this game.
In the end, I think this idea shows some promise. However, it seems like it will take a lot of work and polish to make it any more interesting than a normal match-3 style game. I will probably not be going down this road any further, but perhaps it will inspire someone else!
What are the rules?
Due to lack of polish time, a lot of the mechanics going on in this game are pretty unclear.
- Try to get the highest score possible
- Each column has a heart, if all your hearts are killed you lose!
- Drag on items to select a spell
- Dragging is a bit wonky. :-)
- Click on the heart row to clear your selection
- Click on a glowing selection of items to cast your selected spell
- Valid spells are:
- 1 of a kind: remove the item, take a damage in that column
- 2 of a kind: remove both items, take no damage
- 3 of a kind: remove all items, get 10 points each
- 4+ of a kind: remove all items, get 10 points each, get the special spell effect for the ingredient type
- leaf: 50 bonus points
- feather: replace feathers with clouds, clouds disappear next move
- mushroom: shield the hearts in these columns
- acorns: remove adjacent items as well